Ability Pathways to Independence
Ability Pathways to Independence provides assistance to individuals who wish contribute to their local community. We see work as the central activity people should engage in post school. It is our belief that anyone with the right amount of training and supports can participate in meaningful activities within their own community, including paid work.
Our focus is on the Southern and Eastern metropolitan areas of Melbourne and in assisting people with an Intellectual Disability or people who are have been diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum.
How do we do it?
Ability Pathways to Independence does not have established set programs or a base from which programs are run out of.
We tailor individualized programs to assist our participants identify and reach their goals. The program then takes place within the participant’s local community.
Program goals are designed through liaising with the participant, family and care providers to ensure the optimum outcome can be achieved.
We use the method of customized employment which secures work that complements the person’s interests and skills and the needs of a business. The support of family, friends and an individual’s desire to develop independence and become an active, contributing member of their local community are the key ingredients for success.
Pathways to Independence Video
Ability Pathways to Independence can help you if
- You have an Intellectual Disability and or an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- You have a desire to engage in community-based work
- You have demonstrated that community based employment is your focus
- You are aged over 15 years
- You agree for Ability Pathways to Independence to give out and receive personal information that will assist in supporting your program
- Have been allocated a funding package via a DHS funding stream
- Enter into a fee for service arrangement with Ability Pathways to Independence to achievement of your individual program goals
- You live within the municipalities of Melbourne,Port Melbourne Yarra, Boroondah, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Bayside, Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Monash, Whitehorse, Manningham, Maroondah, Knox or be able to travel into those municipalities.
- Have the capacity to (whilst supported) access public transport.
If this is you and you’d like further information then Click here to contact us!