Employment that is customised to you
This is a key feature of Ability Employment and what it means is that we will stay with you for as long as you think we need to.
- we work with you and the employer to find out what sort of help you need on the job.
- we look at who can provide that help the best
- we make sure that whoever trains you suits both you and the business you are working in
- we provide additional training whenever it is required, for as long as it is required
This means that:
Ability Employment prides itself on being there when you need us. We don't find you a job, give you a bit of training and then leave you. Talk to our staff today about how our support can make you a great worker.
Job Finding Services
- Develop resumes Assist in job seeking.
- Talk to you about jobs that suit your skills.
- Approach businesses for you.
- Give you some pre-employment training.
- Provide you with one on one support on the job.
- Be "on call" for as long as you need it.
- Help you develop your career.
- Help you access other services that make getting a job and keeping it easier.
- Identifying training that will make you a better worker.
Ability Employment can help you:
Who can we help?
Ability is one of a handful of Disability Employment Services specifically established to assist people with an Intellectual Disability find and maintain work in the community.
That means all you need to do is contact Ability Employment and we can discuss your individual circumstances and get the paperwork started! ready to work without our help. Even then we can come back if something in your work changes.
Where can we help?
Ability Employment can help anyone who meets the eligibility criteria, regardless of where they live in Tasmania.
We have four offices and some 1300 numbers so it wont cost you anything to ring us - Click here to contact us!
If getting into one of these offices is not possible we will meet you at a time and place that suits you. All you have to do is contact the office nearest you and let us know what you'd like to arrange.